Become a great teacher with ARK Teacher Training
Great teaching changes lives. That’s why we want to make sure every child has a great teacher. We’re looking for the best – both graduates and career switchers – to join our programme and train to teach with us. ARK Teacher Training is part of School Direct – this means you’ll spend one year training in one of our 31 schools, before qualifying as a teacher. It’s the perfect start to a successful and rewarding teaching career.
- You can make a real difference. Lots of our schools are in areas facing social and economic challenges – so you can have an impact straight away.
- It’s the perfect balance of theory and classroom practice. You’re in the classroom from day one, but we won’t drop you in the deep end. You’ll receive strong theoretical foundations and plenty of practical experience.
- You’ll be supported by the best people in the profession. From your coach helping you on a daily basis in school, to education experts and tutors delivering regular sessions, everyone is here to help you succeed.
- You’ll graduate with QTS and a PGCE. While some programmes give you Qualified Teacher Status, ours gives you a PGCE too.
We want you to stay and teach with us after your first year. We’ll help you find a place at the school you train at or somewhere else in our network; in fact, all the trainees on this year’s programme have been offered a permanent teaching role in the network. What’s more, we’ll develop your career over the long term, with a wide range of programmes and bespoke training.
Ready to apply?
If you’re ready to help us change our pupils’ lives for the better, we want to hear from you.
We know the UCAS application can be a bit confusing and we want to help.
ARK Teacher Training is for those people who are interested in educational disadvantage. They need your passion… the training is intense and challenging but it’s definitely where I want to be.
As a teacher you reap a lot of rewards. Students know when you put a lot into a lesson and when you care about them.
Frequently asked questions
- Will I get paid on the programme? If so, how much?
- Where will I be based?
- What will the training look like?
- What will I learn in my weekly training sessions?
- Am I eligible for the programme?
- I’m not a recent graduate – can I still apply?
- I’ve already done a teacher training course - can I still apply?
- What is School Direct?
- What happens if I'm shortlisted?
- When do applications close?
- If I’m selected, when would I start?
- Can I defer for a year?
- If I’m not accepted first time round, can I apply again?
- I have a disability. How will you support me?
- What happens at the end of the year when my training is finished?
- I have a question. Who do I contact for more information?